The CMAS program I’m in sent this call for papers to me today from the Wayne State University Center for Latino and Latin American Studies:
Graduate Paper Competition in Latin@ Studies
The Wayne State University Center for Latino and Latin American Studies (formerly known as the Center for Chicano-Boricua Studies) and the Association for Critical Sociology welcome the submission of essays for their annual Graduate Paper Competition in Latin@ Studies. Eligibility is limited to graduate students in good standing, actively enrolled in any accredited Masters or Doctoral degree-granting program in the U.S. mainland and Puerto Rico.
- Must address an important dimension of Latin@ life in the U.S. mainland from a critical social science perspective
- Must be an original and previously unpublished research work by one or more students
- Must be no more than 25-35 pages (approximately 10,000 words) in length, double-spaced and formatted in Word, New Times Roman 12
- Must be entered electronically as an email attachment
- Must be submitted by March 30, 2012
The winning paper will be presented at a regional Academia del Pueblo Latino/a Studies Research Conference to be held at Wayne State University on April 23, 2012.
The winner and suitable finalists will be encouraged to submit their papers for possible publication in the peer-reviewed journal, Critical Sociology, and will be featured on the Association for Critical Sociology website:www.criticalsociology.org. The winning author(s) will receive a $500 prize as well as travel funds for up to $500 to attend and present at the aforementioned Academia del Pueblo conference.
Please forward your submissions to:
Dr. Jorge L. Chinea
Latin@ Studies Graduate Student Paper Competition
Center for Latino and Latin American Studies
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Wayne State University
656 West Kirby, Rm. 3327 FAB
Detroit, MI 48202
CLLAS website: www.clas.wayne.edu/CLLAS/
Critical Sociology website: http://crs.sagepub.com